The only thing better than eyeshadows that rock are eyeshadows that smell like chocolate. I know everyone is loving the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette and I can totally see why. I mean, just look at it! The packaging is mostly pink (my favorite color) and totally girly. I love heart shapes, it puts just the sweetest touch! Of course it is not just about the packaging, although I admit that I am a huge sucker for packaging.
The original Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette released in December 2013 but it is still one of the best selling eyeshadow palettes, and a staple in my eyeshadow collection. Since then, Too Faced released the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette and they’ve now (as of a few months ago) released the third edition of the palette, the Chocolate Bon Bons Palette. Too Faced stepped it up a notch with this palette. Aside from the beautiful packaging, the eyeshadows themselves are fabulous. There is a nice variety of shades, pigmentation and texture.
The Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette retails for $49 USD at Sephora and contains a total of sixteen (16) eyeshadows that range from matte to shimmer shades. Fourteen of the eyeshadows are in heart-shaped pans and two are in rectangular-shaped pans.
Here’s what you should know about the Chocolate Bon Bons Palette:
- Primarily a neutral eyeshadow palette with some medium to dark shades and some “pops” of color. All of the colors work really well together.
- Includes 3 pink shades; a light pink with soft gold sheen (Sprinkles), a light-medium pink with soft silver sheen (Cotton Candy), and a bright medium-dark pink with the slightest iridescent shimmer (Totally Fetch).
- Most of the eyeshadows have great pigmentation so they can be used with or without primer. However, some of the lighter matte shades like Cashew Chew and Pecan Praline had so-so pigmentation and would be best used with a primer. Personally, I always use a primer for the best color payoff + staying power.
- Eyeshadows have a buttery smooth texture and are super easy to blend.
- Eyeshadows are infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder.
- Longevity is over 8 hours with a primer. I don’t know what it would be without a primer.
- Most of the eyeshadows had very little fall out during application.
- Includes a Glamour Guide with three beauty looks to get you started but you can easily create any number of looks on your own without the guide – go ahead, have fun, experiment, go crazy!
Now, onto the swatches. I swatched these on my arm without any primer and in natural light (no camera filter).
Below, I swatched the eyeshadows on my arm without any primer, in natural light but I used a camera filter.
Overall, the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette is a hit! It contains a nice mix of colors that I knew were going to look great with my brown eyes. I am completely happy with this palette and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun, easy to use neutral palette.
Until next time loves!