Not all BB creams are created equal. I began using the pur~lisse BB tinted moist cream SPF30 in Medium when I received a sample of it in my October 2015 Ipsy bag and have been using it nonstop since! Don’t get me wrong, I use my other foundations on many occasions but when I am not looking to put on a full face of makeup, this is what I reach for. I just purchased my third tube of this product and intend on buying more. So what’s so special about the pur~lisse BB cream? Let me tell you….
Before I begin, you should know the difference between a BB cream and a CC cream. If you don’t, I’ll break it down for you quickly. BB creams are short for “beauty balms” or “blemish balms”. BB creams are a moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, skin treatment (anti-aging), and light foundation all-in-one. CC creams are short for “color correcting” so they are typically used to combat redness or dark spots. CC creams are very similar to BB creams in that they provide most (if not all) of the same benefits as BB creams but CC creams focus more on color correction. BB and CC creams are both great multipurpose / all-in-one products, especially useful for people like me that prefer to use one product versus five different products. With respect to coverage, both the BB and CC creams provide light to medium coverage. Some people think that CC creams provide more coverage than BB creams but I’ve heard the opposite too. It all comes down to the product itself. I have tried a variety of BB and CC creams and found variances in coverage with each type of product.
In addition to this being a multi-purpose product, the pur~lisse BB cream also:
- Is great for sensitive skin. If you have been following my blog, you know that I have sensitive, combination skin that suffers from eczema and rosacea. Therefore, I am very particular about the products I put on my face. I specifically look for products with labeling that mention they can be used on sensitive skin (like this one). This BB cream does not irritate or feel heavy on my skin.
- Hydrates my skin without it ever feeling oily.
- Has long wear time. It doesn’t become cake-y or fade even when I have it on for more than 9 hours.
- Doesn’t settle into my fine lines.
- Can be applied with your fingers, a beauty blender, or brush.
- Blends easily.
- Provides medium-full coverage, can be built up.
- Is nicely pigmented, similar to regular foundation. You can see in the image below the coverage you get with just a small drop of product. A little goes a long way!
The only two drawbacks with this product are:
- Shade variety: the only shades available are “Light” and “Medium”
- Price: $32 USD for 1.4 oz. In my opinion the price is not bad at all because most of my foundations cost more than $32 and you only get ~ an 1.0 oz of product.
Have you tried this BB cream? I’d love to hear what you think of it.
Until next time,
❤ XOXO ❤