Today’s post is about my very first subscription box ever – the POPSUGAR Must Have. I noticed many bloggers subscribe to mostly makeup/beauty boxes from companies like Ipsy, Birchbox, and Glossybox, to name a few. I never gave subscription boxes much thought but after stumbling upon the POPSUGAR one on Twitter, I had to have it! What I liked most about the POPSUGAR subscription box compared to others was that they provide a variety of products, not only makeup/beauty products. I have SO much makeup already that my makeup case is overflowing – and it’s a HUGE makeup case! I wanted to receive some other lovely items I could use.
At the end of the post, I’m going to rate these products and let you know if this subscription box is worth getting. So keep on reading to see what I think…. 🙂
For the month of July, I received this lovely box complete with a pamphlet describing each item and its cost.
It contains the following items:
1. Henri Bendel Signature Stripe Canvas Dopp Kit (valued at $28). This is definitely an item I will use as my new makeup travel bag. It’s the perfect pouch to store your travel and/or makeup items in. It’s water resistant (perfect for taking to the beach) and totally expandable. Plus it’s so pretty and it came with a 20% off coupon! ❤
2. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 (valued at $28). It’s a three-in-one weightless makeup setting mist + helps control oil and shine, giving your skin a flawless matte finish + contains SPF 50. It’s enriched with antioxidant-rich rosemary and mint to help improve your skin’s complexion. I love this product because it’s cruelty-free, it’s perfect for my oily skin, and it’s a 3 in one product so the less products I have to use, the better.
3. Sorial Card Case (valued at $28). It’s a red leather lightweight card case which is great for holding your ID, 1-2 credit cards and maybe some cash. Great for a night out on the town! This product also came with a $25 off coupon.
4. PopDental Portable Toothbrush (valued at $19.99). A battery operated sleek compact size portable toothbrush which delivers over 22,000 brush strokes per minute. I honestly have never liked electronic toothbrushes, I stick to good ole regular toothbrushes so I will never use this unfortunately (it’s really cute though).
5. Yes to Blueberries Cleansing Facial Wipes (valued at $5.99). Formulated with blueberry + apple + lemon peel extracts, these wipes gently cleanse, remove makeup, and moisturize all in one!
6. The Good Bean Fruit & No-Nut Bar, Chocolate Berry (valued at $1.99). It’s a 140 calories, 8G of protein, and 5G of fiber bar. They use chickpeas instead of nuts as your source of protein and it’s lower in fat and calories than the average fruit & nut bar. It’s a true vegan and gluten free bar with chocolate and berry flavors. But, it has 10G of sugar, ouch!
7. Hallmark Signature Greeting Cards (valued at $14.97+). Three different beautiful greeting cards were included. One is a birthday card, one is a wishes of joy, love and happiness card, and the other is blank for a personal message.
The total value of this box is $126.94 & I paid $39.95 + tax. With the POPSUGAR Must Have subscription, you pick either a monthly plan, a 3 month plan, or a 6 month plan, all of which autorenew. The more months you pay in advance (up to 6 months), the bigger discount you get. You save $25 if you go with the 6 month plan.
So, what do I truly think about this subscription box? Being a first time subscriber, I’m going to provide a very honest review of this box and place these products into 2 categories: Products I LOVE (and will definitely use) and Products I Don’t care For (and could live without).
Products I LOVE (4): Henri Bendel bag, Supergoop! Setting Mist, Sorial Card Case, and the Yes to Blueberries Facial Wipes.
Products I Don’t Care For (3): PopDental Portable Toothbrush, The Good Bean Fruit & No-Nut Bar, and the Hallmark Greeting Cards.
So, is it worth it? In my opinion, YES. With the products that I love and will definitely use, I’m still saving money off the retail prices. Plus, a few discount coupons were provided. With the products I don’t care for and will probably never use, they will either sit somewhere collecting dust or I can give those away. These are the less expensive products anyway so I don’t mind that much.
If your you’re contemplating signing up for a subscription box, I hope this review helps you make the right decision. After all, you are paying a monthly fee for these so you better love them, especially if they’re costly like this one! Compared to some of the other subscription boxes, this is one of the more expensive ones. But all in all, I’m glad I signed up for this box.
Until next time lovelies!!