Liquid Lipsticks have been all the rave for some time now. I jumped on the bandwagon last year just to see what all the fuss was about. I’m not one to like anything other than a creamy lipstick on my lips because my lips are on the dry side. I also can’t imagine pressing my lips and feeling dryness – eww. There are many perks of liquid formulas so I decided to give them a try. I started with the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick.
The pros of a liquid lipstick are that they are long-wearing, provide full coverage, and are budge proof.
The major con of a liquid lipstick is that they can be super dry. There are formulas out there though that are semi-matte, satin, silky, velvety, etc. and don’t leave your lips looking like your suffering from dehydration. Other cons of a liquid lipstick are that they can be messy, patchy, and flaky.
I decided to start with the Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick simply because I’m already a huge fan of her makeup products. Her products are 100% cruelty-free and are super pigmented. You can pretty much guarantee the color payoff is superb.
The shades I purchased are Bow N Arrow, Lovesick, and the highly sought after Lolita.
Bow N Arrow
Here are what I deem to be the Pros and Cons of this Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick.
- Will not wear off! Well, at some point it obviously will but not for a VERY long time. You can basically eat, drink, and kiss until your heart desires and this lipstick will stay intact and flawless for hours. After an 8-hour work day with eating and drinking and NO touch-ups, most of the lipstick will still be there.
- Does not transfer / budge-proof.
- High pigment colors. All you need are one or two swipes of the lipstick.
- Color variety (30 colors to choose from)
- The formula starts off creamy which is great for gliding on the lips (like a gloss) then sets quickly to a matte finish.
- Includes Vitamin E and Sunflower Seed Wax.
- Price ($20 USD) for 22 fl. oz.
- Dry, dry, dry!!!! A bit too matte and dry for me unfortunately. Sometimes I go over the lipstick with a gloss because I can’t take the dryness.
I think this Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick is really great for those who love liquid lipsticks and don’t suffer from dry lips. Personally, I prefer a creamy formula in a traditional tube or a creamier liquid lipstick (yes they exist). But, if you like matte liquid lipsticks, I highly recommend this one for you!
Until next time,
❤ XOXO ❤