Luxurious, silky hair!
I’ve been using the Morrocanoil Treatment product for several years now and I’ve recently started using a Boar Bristle Brush and have to say that the combination of these two products is something everyone should try! Let me dive right into the benefits of these two products.
1. Boar Bristle Brushing Naturally Conditions Your Hair. You know the oils that accumulate on your scalp making it look greasy sometimes? When you use a boar bristle brush, the bristles from the brush carry the oils produced by your scalp (sebum) from the root to the tip of your hair. Each hair strand is coated with a very small amount of sebum. The absolute best conditioning treatment for your hair is actually your hair’s natural oils. Not all of those other hair products like conditioning treatments and serums that you buy. A boar bristle brush produces a natural conditioning treatment that improves dry hair and adds luxurious shine.
2. Boar Bristle Brushing Improves Hair Texture. After several months of using the boar bristle brush regularly, I’ve seen a steady improvement in my hair’s texture. It feels a bit stronger, shinier and bouncier. I have wavy hair so it’s somewhere in between straight and curly. I wouldn’t say that a boar bristle brush changes the texture of hair or your hair type, it just brings out the best in your hair. So, whether you have straight, curly, or wavy hair, a bristle brush will add shine and volume.
3. Boar Bristle Brushing Reduces Frizz. Enough said! Who want’s frizz right? Because each hair strand gets coated with your hair’s natural oils, you’ll notice a decrease in frizz by using a boar bristle brush.
4. Boar Bristle Brushing Stimulates Your Scalp. One of the things I love most in the world is a scalp massage. It immediately relaxes me and can put me right to sleep. Sometimes I am so stressed or just have a lot of things on my mind and can’t seem to settle in and relax. I’ve asked my husband on many occasions to help me relax by giving me a scalp massage. I’ve been lucky enough to have him oblige but I can’t expect him to do this every night. I’ve started using my boar bristle brush as a tool for a scalp massage. And, it feels spectacular on my scalp! It also stimulates the blood flow which can help improve hair growth.
5. Boar Bristle Brushing Reduces the Frequency of Washing. Before using my boar bristle brush, I would typically wash my hair every other day. I noticed that after day two of washing my hair, it would be oily on top and dry on the bottom. Forget if I went to the gym and had a good sweat! That would require a wash even if it was on day one of washing my hair. I started using Dry Shampoo as means to an end. While I still use Dry Shampoo on occasion, there is nothing like a good wash. Using a boar bristle brush actually helps maintain clean, healthy hair. It prevents oil build-up at the scalp which makes hair look greasy. Therefore, I’ve found that I’ve reduced the frequency of washing my hair from every two days to every three days. Then, if I can, I’ll use a Dry Shampoo on the fourth day. It is best to wash your hair as least often as you can because washing your hair frequently can strip your hair of its natural oils and leave it looking less lush. I read that Kim Kardashian only washes her hair once in five days! While I personally don’t think I could go that long without washing my hair, if it works for her then….
Where I got my Boar Bristle Brush: I got my boar bristle brush from Morrocco Method. Morrocco Method Int’l provides raw, vegan and paleo hair care products which are also cruelty-free. I purchased their Mixed Pure Boar Bristle & Nylon Brush – Extra Large for $39 online (click on the hyperlink). While the price is a little steep, it is a high quality product that I’ll be using every day so I think it’s worth the investment you put into it versus that of a regular hairbrush.
Morrocco Method offers two types of boar bristle brushes which you can purchase in two sizes (small or extra large). The Pure Boar Bristle Brush is for sensitive scalps and thinner hair types and The Mixed Pure Boar Bristle & Nylon Brush has added nylon bristles for extra detangling and scalp stimulation, and is perfect for normal to thick hair types.
When it comes to product for my hair, the one and only product I use that provides a silky, healthy, shiny and full of life look is the Moroccanoil Treatment. There are so many great things I can say about this product but in the interest of keeping this post from being extensively long, I will limit the benefits of this product to a few bullet points.
- This product is infused with antioxidant-rich Argan oil which is a plant based oil produced from the kernels of the Argan Tree that is unique to Morocco.
- It can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool.
- It makes your hair look and feel nourished, silky, soft and shiny, without being oily. Just make sure you don’t use too much of the product or it can make your hair look oily. A dime-sized amount is all that you need depending on your hair’s length.
- This product detangles my hair and speeds up drying time.
- It smells amazing!
Tip: You can apply this oil to either wet or dry hair. However, if you’re applying it to wet hair, make sure it’s towel dried and not too wet and dripping – or it can weigh your hair down.
This product has been around for a while now and while it can be expensive (25 ml is $15 and 100 ml is $43), it is literally the only product I use on my hair. It provides all the great benefits any combination of other hair products would provide so why not have it all in just one product.
Where I get my Moroccanoil Treatment: You can buy this at most hair salons but I order it online. I use the Moroccanoil Original Treatment but they do offer a Light version of it for light-colored (including white) hair.
So lovelies, there you have it! This is the way that I get my luxurious, silky hair the Moroccan way!
I hope you enjoyed reading. Drop me a note and tell me what products you use to get your luxurious, silky hair!