I’ve been nominated and have nominated 10 beauty bloggers for these two awards!
I’ve been nominated by the lovely onlinebeautyfinds for both of these awards. Thank you so very much! Please check out her blog – she posts great reviews on products she buys online plus she’s super nice.
OK, so here are the rules, my answers, and my nominees (at the end of the post).
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you by the lovely that nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers and get them to answer your own questions!
What is your favorite part of applying makeup?
Applying my eye makeup. I have an extensive eyeshadow collection consisting of singles and palettes (I wrote a post about this recently) and I get giddy when it comes time for choosing a color. Then I move on to applying my liquid liner and “sealing the deal” with mascara. For me, it’s all in the eyes.
Do you feel that without makeup you lack self-esteem? If so, why?
Not at all. I love going makeup free!
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I love being creative and being able to express that side of me. I have a regular job that doesn’t allow me to be creative at all so I look forward to blogging. I love writing and I love makeup & beauty so what better way to combine the two than with my blog!
Name or describe your favorite lipstick color. (Add a picture if possible)
Right now my favorite lipstick is my Too Faced Melted Metal Lipstick in Metallic Peony. But, I really enjoy my Lipstick Queen and MAC lipsticks too.
If you had to recommend only one beauty product to someone, what would it be?
Mascara and specifically Benefit’s Roller Lash Mascara. It’s life changing.
1) What was the first makeup product you purchased?
2) Which celebrity’s makeup style do you like the most?
3) If you could only take one makeup product with you when traveling what would it be?
4) What’s your favorite part about blogging?
5) Do you blog on other websites besides WordPress?
(Nominees are listed at the end of this post)
- State the name of the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you were given.
- List ten random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 people whose blog is about beauty or fashion.
- Make 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
Thanks again Brianna of onlinebeautyfinds for the nomination!
How many people have you told about your blog that you know in real life; not online?
In total, I would say it’s in the hundreds. I’ve told people at work, my family, friends and all of my Facebook friends which I know in real life.
How many foundations do you currently own?
Just one right now – Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer.
What is your favorite eye shadow color? (Add a picture if possible)
It’s too difficult to choose just one color. It really depends on what I’m wearing; I typically try to match my eyeshadow color with my outfit. With that being said, my go-to colors are neutrals and browns.
On a daily basis how much time do you spend doing your makeup?
20-30 minutes. If it’s a special event it can take an hour.
What is your favorite makeup brush?
Believe it or not it’s the eyeshadow brush that came with my Naked 2 palette. It’s a double-ended shadow/blending brush.
When you walk in a drugstore looking for makeup which brand do you check out first?
What was your first makeup product?
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara.
Do you regularly or have you ever self-tanned?
I used to have a membership at the tanning salon when I was in my twenties so I went all the time. At age 28, I discovered a very dark irregularly shaped mole which I ended up having to get removed because it was precancerous and could have turned into cancer over time. I stopped self-tanning right then and there.
How do you feel about over-drawn lips?
Over-drawn lips are for clowns!
Do you contour on a daily basis?
I’ve never-ever contoured. I’m debating whether or not to expand into this area.
Ten Random Facts:
1. I love and look forward to the winter because I get to snowboard. I’m never around on the weekends in the winter because my hubby and I typically take off to Vermont to board with our friends. I’ve even gone heli-boarding in British Columbia and took helicopter rides to snowboard on glaciers. Talk about Extreme!!!
2. I am part of a group of friends who call themselves “Unicorns” and we all have Unicorn numbers assigned to us. So cheesy but fun!
3. Cats are my favorite pets. I once thought I’d be a crazy cat lady. I love all cats, unless they bite or are unfriendly. I can spend hours watching cat videos.
4. I love planning special events. I planned my own wedding and created all of the menus and programs for the church ceremony. Whenever friends or family want to plan an event, they typically call on me to help.
5. I haven’t traveled much but I really want to. The destinations I would love to go to are Europe (especially Italy), California (I’ve never been!), and Hawaii.
6. Anyone that truly knows me, knows that I love to eat and that I’m always hungry! I think that I have really good taste in food and have been to every single restaurant within a 5 mile radius of my home.
7. I have a crazy obsession with Q-tips. Don’t ask! 🙂
8. I love watching TV shows and movies with my hubby curled up on the couch, with my cat nearby. That’s my definition of a “good time”.
9. In addition to an extensive makeup collection, I also have an extensive handbag collection. Some are designer bags and some are not.
10. I was born and raised in Queens, New York but moved to New Jersey when I was 21.
1) What made you want to start a blog?
2) What’s your favorite makeup brand and why?
3) What’s the latest beauty secret you’ve discovered and are excited about?
4) Who’s your favorite YouTube beauty guru?
5) How many eyeshadows do you own?
6) Do you contour? How often?
7) What part of the country do you currently reside?
8) What language(s) do you speak?
9) What’s your favorite music genre?
10) How would you describe your fashion style?
And the Nominees for BOTH awards are:
These questions are also open to anyone who wants to answer them so feel free to comment below lovelies!!