TGI almost Friday! I just received my August POPSUGAR box yesterday and my initial impression, I have to admit, was meh! But, I’ve grown to really like this box in the past day. With school starting back up soon, the theme of this box was definitely back-to-school. I cannot rave about this box as much as I want to but it does contain several items that I will absolutely be using. So while this month’s box didn’t knock my socks off, it is still a great box. Let’s dive right in to this box and what it contains.
As usual, you receive a pamphlet describing each item and its cost. This is a feature I love with this subscription box because you really get a detailed description of the items, including the value of each. It makes me feel better knowing that I paid much less than what I would pay at retail price.
1. American Colors Mediterranean Plaid Scarf (valued at $79) + 20% off coupon. First off, I don’t think I would ever pay $79 for a scarf unless it was a designer one or I really needed to have it for some reason. So, I’m glad that this high priced item came with this box. This scarf is very pretty – I love the colors and will definitely wear it. I never heard of this clothing brand before but after checking them out online, I really like their clothing. American Colors clothing is described as “relaxed, lived-in pieces meant for the ease of Saturday afternoons”. And, I am definitely into this type of clothing, especially on the weekends. There’s nothing better than wearing a t-shirt and jeans on a crisp Autumn day, and pairing it with this scarf would be fab. This scarf is 100 percent cotton, ultra soft and is also double-sided. I definitely see this as my new go-to accessory as the weather cools down.
2. Royal Apothic Tea Balm Firming Eye Treatment (valued at $36). This eye cream contains real anti-oxidant rich tea blended with Super Fruits (these types of fruits are packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals, and other nutrients that can help you live longer, look better, and even prevent disease) to provide hydration, firmness and protect the delicate eye area. It contains peptides to target fine lines and wrinkles while banishing bags and dark circles. I am definitely going to start using this right away!
3. Pastel Best Day Ever Mug (valued at $12). I love my coffee in the morning so this mug will definitely get used and added to my mug collection. Yes, I have a mug collection! This mug is dishwasher and microwave safe and I hope it inspires me to have the best day ever every time I use it! 🙂
4. Happy Jackson Yay Lunch! Lunch Box (valued at $10). This is a very cute, happy, and fun lunch box. It has enough room to pack a sandwich, juice box and snack. If only I had a little one that I could send off to school with this! It’s perfect for back to school.
5. Southern Culture Shortstacks Pancake & Waffle Mix (valued at $7.99). This is an all-natural (no powdered dairy, handmade, non-GMO/no chemicals) birthday cake flavored pancake and waffle mix. If you love pancakes and/or waffles and birthday cake, this would be perfect for breakfast or dessert.
6. Meri Meri Toot Sweet Pink Stripe Napkins (valued at $5.95). These are adorable napkins which would be great for a birthday party or really any kind of girly party because they’re pink! Adorbes!
7. MyYogaWorks 3-Month Trial (valued at $45). Can you believe they have online Yoga classes? I had no idea! This is exactly what it is; a 3-month subscription to online Yoga classes. For those busy bees like myself who want to stay in shape, this is a great alternative to going to the gym. This company provides 700+ online classes of different levels which you can access anytime, 24×7 via streaming videos of professional Yoga instruction. Pretty cool!
8. Folgers Iced Cafe Caramel Macchiato Flavored Coffee Drink Concentrate (valued at $4.99). As I said, I love coffee, and I love iced-coffee in the summer. This is an iced-coffee concentrated flavoring that you just mix with cold milk and stir for a creamy, delicious treat. Yum!
The total value of this box is $200.93 & I paid $39.95 + tax. EXCELLENT SAVINGS!!!
Remember, with the POPSUGAR Must Have subscription, you pick either a monthly plan, a 3-month plan, or a 6-month plan, all of which autorenew. The more months you pay in advance (up to 6 months), the bigger discount you get. You save $25 if you go with the 6 month plan.
Until next time loves! xx