Today I wanted to share with you my top ten favorite go-to makeup brushes. These are currently the brushes I use whenever I put on a full face of makeup. Although I don’t currently contour, some of these brushes could still be used for contouring. I recently purchased some Morphe brushes but I am still waiting for those brushes to make their way to me in the mail. Once I try them, I will let you know if any of those brushes should make this list.
Makeup brushes are the most essential tool for good makeup application. The right makeup brush can make a world of difference in the way your makeup looks. While some of these brushes can be expensive, investing in and using the right makeup brushes will not only help give you a flawless makeup look, but you’ll actually save money in the long run because you’ll use less product and your makeup will last longer. If you think about it, would some of the most famous artists skimp on their brushes to create their beautiful masterpieces? Probably not! With all this being said, not every makeup brush is going to break the bank. There are plenty of amazing inexpensive makeup brushes out there. You’ll see that I have both expensive and inexpensive brushes in my collection which all do a fine job with my makeup application.
Let’s start with my favorite brushes for the Face. Other than my beautyblender sponge which I use for applying my foundation and blending in my concealer, these are the face brushes I’m currently loving.
1. bareMinerals Heavenly Face Brush. This brush is perfect for applying loose powders (foundations, blushes, bronzers, and finishing powders). I use it specifically for applying my Urban Decay or NARS loose finishing powders. Its hand-shaped, blunt-cut natural fibers feel incredibly soft on the skin. The application of your loose powders is flawless; it’s really a goof-proof brush.
2. Eco Tools Bamboo Blush Brush. This is a full-size tapered blush brush that delivers the right amount of blush onto your cheeks. Eco Tools brushes are incredibly soft, and their brushes are 100 percent cruelty-free and made with bamboo handles. I use this brush to apply my bronzers or blushes.
3. IT 227 Fully Flawless Blush Brush. When I want a precise blush application, this is my go-to brush. It has a medium dense head with fluffy angled tip. The angled brush head is designed to hug your cheek bones and blend blush exactly where you want it. You can use it with cream or powder blushes.
4. Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighter Brush. This brush is amazing. Ever since I started using my Becca Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector, I can’t get enough of this brush. It is awesome for highlighting your cheek bones and getting into the inner corner of your eyes because it has a tapered point. It also doesn’t pack on too much product so you get the perfect amount of product with this brush. This brush has synthetic hairs so it’s really only to be used with powders, not creams.
Now we move on to my favorite makeup brushes for the Eyes.
Specifically for applying undereye concealer and corrector, I use a combination of these two brushes below. Seriously, the combination of the two products I mention below along with the brushes gets rid of those dark circles under your eyes.
5. Sephora 57 Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush. I use this brush for applying my NYX Dark Circle Concealer Correcteur. This brush allows you to buff and blend the concealer to achieve perfect, even coverage. It’s super soft for your delicate undereye area and provides a smooth, flawless airbrushed look.
6. IT 212 Essential Concealer Brush. This is a great brush for applying my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer on top of the Correcteur. This is a small, firm, thin tapered paddle head brush for precise concealer application.
For Eyeshadows, I swear by these brushes right here. I used to only use MAC eyeshadow brushes but I finally expanded my eyeshadow brush collection to include some amazing Sigma brushes.
7. MAC 252 Large Shader Brush. This brush is my baby. It’s been with me for the longest time. So long that the writing on the brush has completely faded! Even though this is a shader brush, I use it every single day for applying my base eyeshadow color. It’s a soft but firm paddle-shaped brush which is good for shading with powder shadow (not creams).
8. MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush. Blending your eyeshadow in the crease of your eyes has never been easier. This brush is so soft and the bristles are tapered to form a medium-sized dome shape.
9. Sigma E55 Eye Shading Brush. This is my newest favorite brush of all brushes! It’s the perfect brush for all over color. You can use this for packing on any shade of eyeshadow, even glitter. It’s the perfect density brush and really the only brush I use to pack on color on my lid.
10. Sigma E30 Pencil Brush. I think everyone needs a Pencil brush in their brush collection. This brush is perfect for blending or smudging your shadow in the upper lash line or your under eye area. It can also be used for highlighting the inner corner of the eye and your brow area.
So beauties, are any of the makeup brushes I listed here in your brush collection? Please let me know which makeup brushes you’re currently using and loving!
*If you’re interested in any of the brushes listed here, simply click on the name of the brushes which are hyperlinked so you can easily find where to purchase.
**Earrings pictured above by Florencio Designs.
Until next time loves! XX