Red has always been a popular lipstick color for New Year’s Eve. It’s a classic night-out lip choice so of course we love to wear red lips on the biggest night out of the year! It is so universal you can pair it with silver or glittery eyeshadow, a smokey eye, or even a simple classic cat eye amped up with false lashes.
Whether you’re looking for that perfect red lipstick shade to wear on New Year’s Eve or just looking for some inspiration, I’ve put together a list of the top 5 red lipsticks I’m currently loving and are perfect for wearing on New Year’s Eve. These shades are bold enough to make a statement and they’re all long wearing. I am definitely going to be rocking one of these when the ball drops, I’m just not sure which one yet (maybe you can help me choose 😉). So, in no particular order, my favorites are:
1) Lipstick Queen ‘Sinner’ Lipstick in Deep Red. This shade is described as a “seductive black red”. It is a full-coverage matte lipstick with 90% pigment. Because the formula is so creamy, it has some shine to it. It glides beautifully on the lips, provides hydration and has long wear time. This lipstick looks and feels amazing on my lips!
2) MAC Lipstick in Charlotte. From MAC’s Giambattista Valli collection, MAC Charlotte is described as a regal red or “rich yellow red”. It is a medium-dark red with subtle, cool undertones and a mostly matte finish (it definitely has some creaminess to it). Add MAC’s Crystal Glaze Gloss from the same collection over it and ooh la la – you’ll have the most kissable lips when ringing in the New Year! Read more about the MAC Giambattista Valli lipstick collection here.
3) Stowaway Cosmetics Crème Lipstick in Cranberry is a new fav of mine. I received this in my POPSUGAR Must Have December box and have been loving it. This lipstick is highly pigmented, long wearing and creamy. It feels great on my lips and the shade is fab!
4) L’Oréal Endless Lipstick in Crimson Joy is an oldie but goodie. As far as long-wearing drugstore formulas go, this is one of the better ones. It’s a bright (but not too bright) dark matte red lipstick. The shade is not too dark either. It’s one of those shades of red I think would suit any skin tone. The formula is creamy and wears for hours. My only complaint is the typical scent from L’Oréal lipsticks which I always find to be too strong.
5) NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella is described as a “passionate scarlet red”. It is mostly an opaque pigmented, medium-dark red with blue undertones and a velvety matte finish. It glides on smoothly and has long wear time. It is the dryest and most matte looking of the 5 but I love it. It can be used as a lip liner or lipstick.
May you all have a fabulous, happy and healthy New Year loves! Here’s to an awesome 2016!! 🎉🎉